Getting a spray tan is a great way to get a sun-kissed glow without the harmful effects of UV rays. But what happens after you get your spray tan? How long do you have to wait before you can shower?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, including the type of spray tan you received and the specific instructions of your spray tanner. However, in general, you should wait at least 4-8 hours before showering after a spray tan.
- The bronzer that is used to create the initial color of your spray tan needs time to develop. This process can take anywhere from 4-8 hours.
- If you shower too soon, you risk washing away the bronzer before it has had a chance to develop fully. This could result in an uneven or patchy tan.
- Additionally, showering too soon can also remove the top layer of skin, which can make your tan fade more quickly.
So, how do you know when it’s safe to shower after a spray tan? Here are a few tips:
- Ask your spray tanner how long they recommend waiting before showering.
- Check the label of your spray tan product to see if there are any specific instructions regarding showering.
- Pay attention to how your skin feels. If your skin feels dry or tight, it’s not yet ready to be washed.
Once you’ve waited the recommended amount of time, you can shower as usual. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Use warm water only. Hot water can strip away the bronzer and make your tan fade more quickly.
- Avoid using soap or body wash. Soap can also strip away the bronzer and make your tan fade more quickly.
- Gently pat yourself dry with a towel. Rubbing your skin can exfoliate it and cause your tan to fade more quickly.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Soleil Spray tan lasts as long as possible. So don’t wait any longer, book your spray tan today!
Here are some Additional tips for Maintaining your Soleil Spray Tan:
- Avoid sweating or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours after your tan.
- Exfoliate gently once a day to help remove dead skin cells and keep your tan looking its best.
- Moisturize regularly to keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from drying out.
- If you plan on swimming or sunbathing, be sure to wear sunscreen. Sunscreen can help protect your tan from fading.
With proper care, your Soleil Spray tan can last for up to 7 days. So go ahead and enjoy your new, sun-kissed glow!